Moving home is a wonderful time for most people because you have a brand new home to look forward to. Maybe you are moving home because you are upsizing to a larger house, or maybe you are just moving to a better location. Whatever your reason is, it will be a step up from where you are today. The actual moving process, however, is the opposite and can be quite challenging for most households. There are hundreds of things that you will need to think about and consider when moving, and the packaging to help you to move is just one of those things.
Picking the right number of house removal packing boxes for the task is one thing, but choosing the right sizes of the box is another. Many people purchase moving packs, with the hope that they include the correct boxes for them; however, there is no one size fits all when it comes to moving because different people have different amounts of possessions. Some people purchase a number of different sizes of box and just hope for the best. This can work, and it often doesn’t work too. It is a risk that isn’t worth taking. Some people ask the question; can you simply buy larger boxes and adjust the sizes of cardboard boxes to fit your items inside? Here is what we think..
- Adjusting the sizes of larger boxes for house removal is a strategy that in theory is perfect. You can always ensure that each and every item from your home will fit into them. In practice, is it feasible and how does it work?
- The way to adjust the size of a box is simple. At each end of the box, there are four flaps, which are usually folded over one another to shut the box. On the corners of the box, below the flaps, you can simply put a small cut into the box (depending on how small you want the box to end up) and this will make the flaps that little bit larger. Just fold them over to where you have cut, and this makes the overall finished box a bit smaller. You have just adjusted the sizing.
- Some boxes actually have pre-folded creases along the sides, so that if you cut down the corners it will very easily fold over. They are designed for that very purpose.
- Will this work for every type of cardboard box? Yes absolutely, as long as it is a normal carton with flaps at either end it will always work.
- Can you make boxes larger instead of smaller in size? No, this is impossible. You can, however, put two boxes together on top of one another to cover a larger item and put plenty of strong packing tape around them to hold them together. This is an easy solution.
- Now that you know how to adjust the sizing of boxes, it means you can stick to one large size of box and just buy plenty of them. This can save you money because you can buy one size of box in bulk, rather than a few different sizes. Thank us later. If you are wondering where to buy moving boxes or how to buy boxes near me then look online at Packing Solution.