There are many reasons that people decide to move home in the UK. Maybe you have just received a pay rise, and decided that you can now afford a much larger home, and because you need the space for your kids, this makes perfect sense. Perhaps you are fed up of living next door to the neighbour from hell, who makes your life a misery by making noise and partying late into the night on a Monday evening. Maybe you have just found the best house in the world that is your dream home, and you can’t wait to get in there. Either way, deciding to move is the first stage, then there are lots more. Here we offer you 5 steps to take this from concept to reality!
- Firstly search around, casually, for a house that you may want to live in, within the area that you wish to move to. Do not rush, because this is the most important stage. You need to find a home that you are one hundred percent confident that you love. You may be moving because you have a new job in a new location, and so moving is a necessity, but don’t use this as an excuse to rush in and buy house moving boxes before you’ve even thought about it properly.
- Before you make an offer on the new property, you will need to have a buyer for your old home. Without the money free, you won’t be buying anywhere! You will ideally want to time things well, so that once the property is sold, the new house is ready to move into as well. That is the tricky part, and most people struggle with, so ask the current home owner if they can be a little flexible with timings. Put your old property up for sale online or with a local estate agent, make sure it is very clean and up to date for house viewings, and it shouldn’t take too long because houses are always in popular demand.
- Make sure all paper work is signed off before you actually move your belongings into the new home, because more often than not people have to move things out again because things go wrong. Packing boxes for moving house need to hold fire on this one for a little longer if necessary.
- Decide whether you are going to use a professional removal company for the house move, or whether you are going to do the job yourself. This will depend on how big the house move is, because a smaller job might be easy to manage, but a larger one certainly won’t. If you move yourself, you may need to hire a van or lorry for the day unless you already have one available. This is fairly cost efficient, and can be borrowed for around £90 per day.
- Purchase heavy duty moving boxes and pre organise everything prior to the removal day. This is such a vital step, and will save you a lot of hassle and time when it comes to the move. We can’t stress this step enough! Read more at www.packingsolution.co.uk