Cardboard boxes are brilliant versatile packing boxes that can be used for many great purposes. They are commonly used by both businesses as well as the public for moving, storage or shipping. They are fully recyclable which makes them the number one type of box as opposed to plastic, plus they are much cheaper too.
If you are moving house, it is likely you will need a number of boxes in a variety of different sizes and shapes to cover all the different objects in your home. Finding cardboard boxes for sale is very difficult, especially if you have left it to the last minute and you need them quickly.
So what is the best place to buy packing boxes near me?
- Twenty years ago you could have walked into a supermarket or local business and simply asked them if they had any spare second hand boxes packaging solutions. They would have almost definitely said yes and would have been able to provide you with a large quantity of boxes for free. Those days are long gone. Most supermarkets and businesses today try to re use their boxes, so they no longer give them away. This reduces their costs and is better for the environment, but isn’t so great for us house movers. It is always worth asking around to see what you can get hold of, but don’t hold your breath.
- High street shops very rarely sell boxes now. They never have done and there has never been a packaging specialist chain on the high street, with the reason being that the demand is not great enough and the price of a box is too low. The only shops that are going to sell any form of boxes include home ware stores, which will only sometimes have stock of them and will only offer one or two selections. The quality will often be poor which is far from ideal for house moving as you need strong boxes that are stackable and can hold heavy weights. We do not recommend taking this option and it should be avoided if you can.
- The best place to buy boxes for packing is from an online packaging specialist. Here at Packing Solution we specialise in boxes for moving, so we offer a wide range of boxes designed specifically for that purpose. They are the best sizes and shapes and we supply many professional removal companies who trust us to supply the best boxes for moving. We also sell bubble wrap for protection, strong packing tape to hold boxes together as well as tissue paper for glasses and mugs and wardrobe boxes for clothing. We offer next day delivery so that you can get the boxes you need quickly and efficiently. We can deliver anywhere in the UK, so you can sit back and relax knowing your boxes are on the way. We will email you the tracking details once your order has been sent and you will be kept informed throughout the entire journey while your boxes arrive.
- If you have a business you can buy bulk quantities of cardboard boxes from a packaging factory, which are often dotted around the country. You will have to buy large quantities at a time as they won’t sell smaller quantities of boxes, but they will be able to offer a wide range of bespoke boxes to suit your requirements. This is only really available for businesses and they won’t usually sell to the public for house moving.
- If you are using a professional removal company to help with your move, they might sometimes offer a packing service at an additional cost. This usually doubles the prices of your house move, so we wouldn’t recommend taking that option. If you do take that option, then they should provide the packing boxes needed so you won’t have to worry. If you don’t use their packing service, then you’ll need to buy boxes and pack your things prior to the removal date and we recommend being nice and organised and getting this done with plenty of time to spare.
- If you live in a remote area of the country where there are no shops or packaging companies, the only way to get your packing boxes will be to order online for delivery. Don’t worry if you don’t know what you’re doing, just give us a call at Packing Solution and we’ll be able to offer free expert advice to help you. If you live in a large city such as London, it is also very difficult to find a packaging retailer. It is always best to shop online to get the best prices delivered to your door. Next day delivery is available in both remote areas of the UK as well as London and all other cities in the country too.
- Packing boxes near me are delivered flat packed so they won’t take up much room, and we wrap them in polythene for protection against rain and dirt damage during delivery. This means that you can arrange for your parcel to be left by the front door if you are out knowing they will remain dry and ready for you to use.
- You could ask friends and family members if they have any spare boxes from a previous move, so they could provide them to you. Likewise, when you have finished using your boxes, you can give them to a friend or family member who may find a use for them in the near future. Always try to re use boxes wherever possible or recycle them at the very least.
- We wish you all the best with your house move and finding the right packing boxes for you. Please call us if you need assistance.