So you are moving home, and you have gotten to the stage of having packed up all of your household possessions into cardboard packaging boxes of appropriate sizes, and they are stacked up in different rooms and labelled, ready to be carried out of the house and into the removal lorry or van. You might not have hired a removal company, in the attempt to save a bit of money, and so you want to know the best tips for moving the boxes out of your home without damage.
- Make sure you lift the cardboard boxes for moving in the safest way possible. Keep your back straight, and knees bent, and keep your head looking upwards. This is especially important for the heavier of boxes, because you can do some serious damage to your back if you do not lift the boxes carefully enough. It can cause damage to your sciatic nerve, and that is no fun.
- Make sure you hold the cardboard packaging boxes at either end and grip as tightly as possible, so that the boxes cannot fall down. If the boxes are too heavy, do not be afraid to ask for help. It is better that you use two people to carry a heavy box, than for you to drop the heavy box and for all the things inside to break and get damaged.
- Always look forward when you are walking with the boxes, and keep an eye out for potential hazards. Look at the floor in front of you and make sure you do not trip over anything, especially if you are moving boxes down the stairs. It is a good idea to check all of the hallways and stairs are clear before picking the boxes up in the first place.
- Be careful not to bump into or knock over any other objects on your way out of the house, and be careful when going through tight spaces with the boxes where there is little room available.
- Place the heavy duty cardboard boxes carefully into the removal lorry or van, and then pick an appropriate spot in the lorry for the box, creating as much room as possible. The better that you pack the lorry, the more boxes that you will fit inside of each load, which will in turn save you time and money.