When moving house, it is vital that you use moving boxes. It saves you a lot of time when carrying things, and will make your day a lot less stressful. It will keep everything organised, and protect your belongings too. There are many different places that you can purchase cardboard packing boxes for moving house, and some places that you can pick them up second hand too. So where can you get them, and what are the pros and cons of each?
From an online retailer
- You can find moving boxes from a few high street shops, however they are hard to find. Not many places offer them, and they are only available in major cities. If you live near a smaller town or city, they may not be available at all on the high street.
- Prices are often much higher here than anywhere else, simply because the shops have rates to pay.
- They are often sold as an accessory, and so they will not offer a huge range of moving boxes to suit your requirement.
- If you can find them on the high street at the size you want, at least you get them immediately and there is no waiting around.
From an online retailer
- This is usually the best method. They are cheapest when found online, because the online retailers don’t have rates to pay.
- Many online retailers are specialist’s in house moving boxes online, and so will offer a huge range specifically designed for your requirements exactly. They will also have many accessories to suit you too, such as bubble wrap and tape.
- A downside to shopping online may be that you will have to wait for delivery, and it may not suit your requirement if you need them immediately. However many retailers online do offer next day delivery for a reasonable price.
- They deliver to your door, so you don’t have to go through the effort of trekking around shops for Cardboard packing boxes for house moving.
Second hand from a supermarket
- This is rarely available these days, but can occasionally still be found if you go and ask. They will often be old banana boxes
- They should be free
- They might smell a little, and have some dents, so be careful and strap them up extra securely so that nothing gets broken.
- You shouldn’t have to wait; you can collect them as you please. They may have one or two available at a given time.
Online retailers are the out and out winner when it comes to shopping for online packing boxes for moving. The price difference and the size of range of boxes available makes them our top recommended choice.