When you have decided to move house, there are a lot of things to worry about. You need to decide whether to hire a removal company, or whether to hire a van and do it yourself with friends and family. You need to decide which date is best for the move, based on agreements with your solicitors. You also need to decide which types of house moving boxes are best for the job!
So what are the different types of boxes and the benefits of each?
Double-walled moving boxes
- These are strong and durable and are great for the heaviest items such as books. They are great for protecting your things in them as well due to the strong walls.
- They can be flat packed because they are made of cardboard, so you can store them away easily until you need them again for storage, etc.
- They are recyclable too.
- They are available in huge size ranges from most retailers.
Single walled cardboard boxes
- These are lightweight moving boxes online which are slightly cheaper options to save you money. They are ideal for carrying lighter items such as toys or pillows. The lightweight of them makes them easy to carry when moving.
- They can also be flat packed and so are easy to store.
- They are recyclable.
- They are available in a wide size ranges from retailers.
- These are both strong and durable but can be a little more costly. They cannot be flat packed like cardboard, and so they will need to be disposed of after use, and they cannot be recycled either.
- They can be a little heavier to carry than cardboard boxes.
- They are see-through, so you can see what is inside of them, which can help when it comes to unpacking in the new home.
- They often come in limited size ranges and can be bought both online and through retail shops.
So what do we recommend as the best kind of box for moving home? Definitely double walled packing & moving boxes, every time. The reason being that not only are the benefits most suited to house movers, but they are found at extremely low prices because they are the most popular type as well. They are often found at lower prices than single-walled boxes too! Storage and insulation are just two examples of how you can reuse them after moving home as well. It is best to pack your boxes prior to moving home because you don’t want to leave it until the last minute.