Cardboard boxes are an excellent versatile type of packaging product that can be used for many different purposes. They are vital for the job of moving home, as well as being great for storage, and fantastic for shipping items in the post or with a courier too. They are commonly used by both businesses as well as the public alike, and are often bought online directly from the manufacturer. So what are the different types of cardboard boxes, and what are their main uses?
- The first and most popular type of box is a normal carton box. They have flaps at either end of the box, which are designed to be folded in over one another, and there are four of them. They are typically sent flat packed, and are very popular. They come in two different categories; single and double walled cardboard.
- Double walled cardboard boxes are heavy duty and strong when you buy packing boxes online. They are designed to hold heavy items inside of them, and they can protect the things that you put into them as well. For this reason, they are often used for house moving, where you have lots of items which are heavy and lots that are delicate as well. They are also commonly used for storage, because they are durable and long lasting, and because of their protective properties. They are also often used for shipping too, because they will protect your items for a long distance. These are often considered the best boxes you can buy for most purposes.
- Single walled cardboard boxes are lower value quality boxes for house moving and are cheaper to buy, and they are weaker. They are fine to use for light items, and they are not very protective, but often this does not matter for less delicate things. They are sometimes used for house moving, for shifting things such as clothing which simply needs a case to hold them in. They are not recommended for many other purposes, because they won’t be strong enough for the task, unless the contents are things that are not delicate at all. They are fine for storing things like clothing too, but not good for shipping because they will break under the pressure put onto them.
- Archive packing boxes for moving come with lids and handle holes, and they are often strong boxes as well. They are perfect for storage purposes, because the lids allow you to easily access the things you have put into them, so in the future you can get to your things easily. They are used in most office environments, as well as for home storage too. The handle holes allow you to put them onto and off of a shelf too. Medium house moving boxes are easy to write on so that you can say what you have put into them.
- Wardrobe boxes are extra large and tall boxes which come with a hanging rail at the top. They are designed to help you to move clothing, which includes suits and dresses, which you don’t want to simply toss into a normal box and you want to keep upright and non creased. They can be quite expensive to buy, but they serve a purpose. They are often used during house moves, but are not used for any other purpose.