What makes the best cardboard storage boxes?There are many important factors that determine what makes the best storage boxes fit for purpose.
- The strength of the box is the first factor to consider, because you have to ensure that the box is strong enough to hold the weight of the items you are storing inside, and the box needs to be strong enough to protect the contents inside as well. The box needs to be strong enough to hold the weight of other boxes stacked on top of it too. This is why double walled cardboard boxes are the most recommended type of box for storage.
- The size of the box is the second factor. The box needs to be large enough to hold the items inside, but not so large that they are far too big and have too much space inside. It is always best to buy boxes that are slightly larger than you need, and to fill the extra space with protective packaging such as bubble wrap.
- The final thing to consider is if the box is environmentally friendly. This is the reason that cardboard boxes make the best storage boxes, because they are made from recycled paper and are fully recyclable and reusable. This makes them much more practical than plastic boxes which usually end in the landfill when they break.
What’s the best way to transport my CDs?
Although most households now use streaming services online for their music, CDs are still not uncommon. When it comes to moving home, you may have a large CD collection which needs moving to your new home, and you need to find the best CD storage boxes for the job.
- These boxes need to be the ideal shape and size for CDs. CD cases can easily get broken if they are able to move around too much inside of the boxes, so it is very important to find a box of an ideal shape and size, or to wrap them up using bubble wrap or packing tissue paper.
- You need to remember that CDs can weigh a lot, when you have lots of them collectively. It is important that you don’t choose a box that is too large, because it may become too heavy to carry and transport. The heavier the box, the more likely the contents are to break inside of the box.
- CD storage boxes can be transported in your own car, or in the removal lorry or van. As they are not huge in size, they are very flexible when it comes to transportation. Obviously this depends on the number of CD’s that you are shifting.
What size storage boxes can I get for books?
Choosing the best book storage boxes can also be a tough decision to make. You want to ensure that your books are safe from harm, and you want to ensure that you get the right size and shape box too.
- We recommend medium sized double walled boxes for moving books. The reason for this is because the medium size makes them easy to carry when full, because books can weigh a lot. This will depend on the person that is going to move the boxes; if you are strong enough then a larger double walled box may be quicker and easier.
- Double walled boxes are the strongest, and they should always be used when shifting books. They are strong enough to hold the weight of books inside of them without breaking, plus they are strong enough to protect the books inside, and they can be stacked on top of one another while transporting them.
- Book storage boxes need to be rectangular in shape, so that you can fit the optimum amount of books inside of them. The more books you can fit into a box, the less work involved with moving them. It is as simple as that.
Can I get moving boxes big enough to pack a television? Television’s come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Most of them are flat screen, but the size of the actual screen can vary dramatically. This is what makes finding ideal TV storage boxes so difficult and challenging. You want to ensure that your TV is safe during transit, and that is the most important thing, because it would cost a lot of money to repair or replace if damaged. So how do the professional removal companies do it?
- Although it may be impossible to find an ideal sized box for moving your television, it is very easy to buy flat packed boxes in a large or extra large size. These flat packed boxes are effectively large sheets of cardboard. From these sheets, you can make them fit around the shape of your television. This is the best method, and is most commonly used, because it is a ‘one size fits all’ scenario.
- It is important to use strong double walled cardboard for the task, because they will help with protection.
- It is also very important to use bubble wrap around the TV before putting the cardboard sheet around it. This will be the most important factor for protection, and a combination of the two will ensure that your TV will arrive in perfect condition.
- Strong packing tape will hold the cardboard in place, and will also secure the protective bubble wrap too.
- TV storage boxes cannot be purchased in bespoke sizes, unless you plan to purchase over 100 boxes from a cardboard box factory. This is why using flat packed cardboard boxes is the best option, and is guaranteed to fit precisely around your television.